Sunday, April 15, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

This is my 100th post on this blog! Just thought I should mention that. In honor of the big milestone, I'm sharing the recipe for Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches, which comes from AllRecipes. Okay, I was going to share the recipe today anyway since it's what I made for dinner and it just happened to be the 100th post. The recipe really IS very good though and totally deserves some sort of accolade. It's super easy to make (3 ingredients plus bread and condiments of your choice!) and is really, really good if you're like us and love buffalo chicken anything. It's great served with fruit like melon or mango and a salad to cool things down a bit. I suppose you could also serve it with celery sticks if you're into that sort of thing (which we most definitely are not). The chicken is fantastic on pizza (post probably coming soon!), and it freezes well so you can toss some leftovers in the freezer for an emergency dinner later on :)


Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

3/4 C buffalo wing sauce (I use Frank's Red Hot Wings Sauce, yum yum)
1 packet (1 oz) dry ranch dressing mix
1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
buns of your choice
toppings like ranch or blue cheese dressing or cheese

In the crock of a 2 or 4 quart slow cooker, stir together sauce and ranch mix. Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover and cook on low until chicken is cooked through, about 6 hours (depends on your slow cooker). Shred meat and serve on toasted buns with desired toppings.

Yield: about 8 sandwiches

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 100th! The chicken looks tender and delicious! Love the idea of adding it to pizza!

    I'm sorry I never responded to your comment about my cat - not only does he look unique he has the biggest personality of any cat I've ever had. I'm convinced he's part human or maybe has a human inside him!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Reeni! I know this particular recipe isn't really your style since you don't do processed/packaged foods (a noble pursuit that I'm often unsuccessful with), but the chicken IS good :) It looks a bit more shredded than usual in the photo because I used diced chicken from the freezer and tossed it in the mixer to shred after it cooked because shredding diced chicken is pretty much impossible.

    Moon is such a pretty kitty! We're bunny people here but rabbits and cats can get along very well. One day we will probably get a kitty from the local cat rescue, they have a 30 day "trial period" (if you will) so we could be sure to adopt a cat that doesn't want to eat our bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks good! We love hot wings around here....so maybe this will be a winner for us too!

    ReplyDelete