Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Instant Pot Rice Pudding

 A while back, I had a sudden craving for rice pudding.  This was odd because I'd never had rice pudding before.  I went ahead and made it though and it was exactly as good as I'd hoped!  You should try it, too.  It's good hot or cold, but we both preferred it hot.  You could add raisins at the end if you want, but I am in general not an "add raisins" kind of person.
 
Instant Pot Rice Pudding
  
1 C rice, rinsed (I used jasmine)
2 1/2 C milk
1 1/4 C water
1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbsp butter
1/2 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
sprinkle of cinnamon
 
In Instant Pot, stir together rice, milk, water, and salt.  Put on lid, seal, and push Porridge button.  It will cook for 20 minutes.  When the 20 minutes are up, do a 10 minute Natural Pressure Release, then quick release the rest of the pressure.  Stir in the butter, sugar, and vanilla.  Spoon into serving bowls and sprinkle with a little cinnamon.
  
Yield: 6 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment