Monday, January 27, 2014

Orange Snowmen

Ah, Orange Snowmen.  I first came upon this recipe on AllRecipes a couple of years ago and immediately wanted to make it because of my lifelong love of snowmen.  Orange Snowmen are kind of hard to describe.  They're intensely orange-y and refreshing, but creamy and slushy and vanilla-y as well.  Look elsewhere if you're trying to make an Orange Julius, though, because this is not the same (I actually had a perfect Orange Julius recipe posted but it disappeared, I will re-post it in a couple of weeks).  These are definitely their own thing and very good if you love orange juice as much as I do! 

This is actually a slightly odd time of year for me to be posting the recipe for Orange Snowmen, because they've become a Christmas morning tradition!  Just because we drink them on Christmas doesn't mean they wouldn't be great any other time of year, though.  They'd also make a good afternoon snack or dessert, too- not just for breakfast.

Quick Note:  This recipe halves very well.  I've never made the full batch since it's just the two of us.


Orange Snowmen

14 ice cubes
6 oz frozen orange juice concentrate
1/4 C sugar
1/2 C milk
1/2 C water
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.  Serve immediately.

Yield: 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment