Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pizza Sauce

I've tried several pizza sauce recipes over the years and like this one the best, which I made up. It's very simple but yummy and doesn't need to be cooked. When I make homemade pizza I don't want to mess around with making a time consuming sauce! It also goes great with other things like breadsticks, zucchini patties, or anything that you need a side of pizza or marinara sauce for. I like Hunt's tomato sauce for this because I think it has good flavor but you can use whatever brand you want. You may want to add a little salt if you use another brand.


Pizza Sauce
8 oz can tomato sauce
1/2 t dried basil
1/2 t dried oregano
1/4 t dried rosemary
1/4 t black pepper
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t onion powder

If you have one, crush the dried herbs in a mortar and pestle to release the flavors. Stir everything together in a small bowl and use as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment